High School: Maine Township High School South
- I graduated in 1994.
- Located in Park Ridge, Illinois.
- Prior Schooling:
- Abdul Aziz Al Saud Prep School (Cairo, Egypt)
- St.James Catholic School (Salford, England)
The University of Illinois at Chicago
- I completed my degree in 1997.
- I majored in Psychology . This is why .
- I also did a premedicine curriculum, but a medical career is no longer an option for me at this point.
- I hope to graduate in 2001.
- I am currently enrolled in the Software
Engineering masters program.
- Along with the graduate courses, I opted to write a thesis.
My intention is to gain in academic research experience in preparation for a possible Ph.D.
The title of my thesis topic will be posted soon.
- My Advisor is Dr. Xiaoping Jia. Dr.Jia's primary research interest is the use of techniques such as the Z formal methods specification language
as an approach towards achieving pure Object-Oriented analysis, design, and implementation.
Dr.Jia is also an authority on Java.
Located in the heart of DownTown Chicago, on the intersection of State
St. and Jackson. It is within one of America's hottest and most demanding
markets; also, it is appropriately across from the famous (Harold
Washington) Chicago Library. As far as leisurely purposes are concerned, its
location once more delivers, as it is in proximity to lake Michigan,
Chicago's museum campus, Michigan avenue's classy shops, and other
metropolitan landmarks. I would be lying if I said location did not
influence my choice of school.
- There are many advantages to this school: It is the Largest computer Science school in The United
States; consequently, it offers a vast selection of computer courses in all
topics. Naturally, it also offers an unusually large number of graduate
specializations. It is very technologically advanced with up-to-date
facilities. It has excellent connections with the corporate world,
especially in Chicago where it continuously forges a strong partnership with
Chicago based corporations. It has more than 100% Job placement. Finally, it
offers night classes, allowing for daytime jobs.
- Obviously, there are also certain disadvantages: It is fairly
expensive. It is a private school so is not eligible for public funding and
therefore cannot expound in research as can other public shools, for that
very reason, it is not as famous outside of the States.