EDUCATION & CAREER
Maine Township High School South
- I graduated in 1994.
- Located in Park Ridge, Illinois.
- (Famous graduates: Hillary Clinton & Harrison Ford).
The University of Illinois at Chicago
- Located in the heart of DownTown Chicago, on the intersection of State St. and Jackson.
It is within one of America's hottest and most demanding markets; also, it is appropriately across from the famous (Harold Washington) Chicago Library.
As far as leisurely purposes are concerned, its location once more delivers, as it is in proximity to lake Michigan,
Chicago's museum campus, Michigan avenue's classy shops, and other metropolitan landmarks.
I would be lying if I said location did not influence my choice of school.
- There are many advantages to this school: It is the Largest computer Science school in The United States; consequently, it offers a vast selection of computer courses in all topics.
Naturally, it also offers an unusually large number of graduate specializations. It is very technologically advanced with up-to-date facilities.
It has excellent connections with the corporate world, especially in Chicago where it continuously forges a strong partnership with Chicago based corporations.
It has more than 100% Job placement.
Finally, it offers night classes, allowing for daytime jobs.
- Obviously, there are also certain disadvantages:
It is fairly expensive.
It is a private school so is not eligible for public funding and therefore cannot expound in research as can other public shools,
for that very reason, it is not as famous outside of the States.
- I am currently enrolled in the Software Engineering masters program (alternative site)and hope to graduate by the year 2000.
My graduate coursework will be posted by 1999, god willing. (Email me, if you are interested in seeing it before then.)
I enjoy programming in C++ very much. Object-Oriented languages are obviously the way to go right now.
- Email me for access to my current Resume
Back to the Top
- I am currently employed with Arthur Andersen in downtown Chicago. Andersen is a prestigious worldwide professional services firm. I work in the technology solutions branch.
- I hope to remain with this company, which I happen to like, and to hopefully grow gradually within it.
- Additionally, at some point, I hope to be someway involved in the production of educational software, combining a delicious multimedia experience with invaluable information in history, geography, religion, literature, languages, or children's material.
- My lifelong goal as far as academia goes is to someday be a full university professor im my field of study.
- God willing, I will complete my masters in the year 2000. I hope to join a Ph.D program either directly following graduation, or after working in the professional market for a couple of years.
- My primary research principle is to engage in a research effort that would somehow benefit the educational, or moral growth of people, rather than simply contribute to economic or technological efficiency. The challenge is to locate such research ideas.
- Depaul, Northwestern Universities, and the University of Illinois are amongst the universities I would like to pursue my Ph.D at.
- Writing: I find writing to be the single most rewarding
activity - and I am not just refering to the finished product, but
to the actual process itself. To me writing is soothing, self revealing,
and most of all entertaining. I plan on writing profusely in the
future (God willing); whether I actually get published or not is
of little relevance. I enjoy writing non-fiction. I involve myself
in a variety of genres that can best be grouped under the single title: "life
matters" ("matters" is intentionally used for its capacity to be
understood within that phrase as both a verb and a noun): psychology,
philosophy, Islam, politics, lifestyle, and social commentary.
The underlying mentality behind most of my ideas is Islamically
influenced, though I try to not to be too self righteous.
- Media: If ever I amass a significant amount of money,
I would definitely invest in a pioneering, quality media enterprise. I am appalled at
the shortcomings of the existing media corporations; they are taking
humanity down a very bumpy road to eventual chaos and disfunction,
awhile amazingly illiciting its heartfelt blessings and support.
I believe the media's purpose should simply be "to nourish the mind
and soul". I think its capacity to influence is immeasurable as is
proven day after day. I am sorry to see that amazing potential to
bring us together, and cure our many social diseases be put to utter and complete waste.
I believe that the movie making industry, especially, is in the hands of those
who could care less about the collective fate of human beings; that makes me very angry. The movie industry is also the media branch with the highest potential for influence.
- Politics. So far, I am definitely interested in some sort of future
political involvement. I figured with all the garbage out there, I couldn't possibly make matters
any worse. Alternatively, I would like to be involved in a significant
social effort or organization that works to someway benefit people at large.
- Hobbies: I also hope to find time to practice my hobbies and interests: sculpting, painting, caricaturing, debating, Judaic and islamic studies, Islamic charities, and activism, and children.
It's hard to progress in life without a mentor after whom you can model yourself and through whom you can find much needed inspiration.
The following three are my mentors for who they are, and for what they have achieved.
Back to the Top
BACK TO AHMED REHAB'S HOME PAGE
This page was created by Ahmed Rehab.
Copyright © Ahmed Rehab 1997-99. All Rights
If anything on this page interests you,
please e-mail me at